In addition to the Birchmere Ventures Manifesto, which we completely embrace & support. The following are some specific principals for Birchmere Labs:
- Design and the user experience are not an afterthought but a key source of differentiation.
- Many ideas can be tested and refined before writing a line of code and that is encouraged behavior.
- We don’t have MVPs but do believe in minimally awesome products (MAPs).
- Stealth mode is for the weak and ultimately just slows down progress – transparency & anti-stealth are always preferred.
- Solutions don’t exist by themselves so leveraging platforms and APIs should be the default behavior unless there is a rare reason to avoid it. (Note this is both leveraging other platforms & creating access to ours via APIs.)
- One of the greatest things about technology is its ability to connect people, therefore we will design solutions with a community in mind.
- A site’s or app’s responsiveness matters – slow versions of apps are death to most users.
This is the first version, like our companies we will iterate & learn so expect future versions.